Re: Klingon? take a look

From: Michael Everson (everson@egt.ie)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 13:02:19 EST

At 09:03 -0800 2001-02-26, Michael \(michka\) Kaplan wrote:
>Nobody doubted the reality of the submission, we all know it is there.
>
>No one is really pushing for it, though.

It was originally made because there was a Unix or Linux
implementation somewhere. It has been seen and approved by the
Klingon Language Institute, but it does remain true that most users
of the Klingon language read and write it in its Latin orthography,
although they will use the font for gifs on their web pages. I do not
think the KLI has ever published a book entirely in the Klingon
alphabet.

Current consensus seems to be that there doesn't seem to be a strong
requirement to interchange text in the Klingon script.

--
Michael Everson  **  Everson Gunn Teoranta  **   http://www.egt.ie
Mob +353 86 807 9169 ** Fax +353 1 478 2597 ** Vox +353 1 478 2597