Re: Question on Unicode data files

From: Richard Cook (rscook@socrates.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 00:12:41 EST

"John H. Jenkins" wrote:
> At 7:57 AM -0800 2/26/01, Richard Zhang wrote:
> >Hello, Marco,
> >
> >Unihan is the official site I think. You can visit for
> >more information about this, if you know Chinese :).

Knowing Chinese is not enough. You and your browser need to know
Simplified Chinese (GBK?) ... arguably not Chinese at all ...

> >If you sign up for cooperation with them, you will get full access to their
> >database.

what does "cooperation" mean?

> No, Unihan is *NOT* the official site. They are not in any way
> associated with Unicode. The official Unihan database is available
> only from

Is there any connection between this site and
IRG? What is UniHan Digital Tech Co.? Their website has some rather
annoying graphics and windows, but no basic info that i can see ... the
bottom buttons don't work at all, no?