RE: FW: Ericsson introduces T29 for the Asian markets

From: Karlsson Kent - keka (keka@im.se)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 07:33:10 EST

There is a mapping table for the "GSM 7-bit default alphabet"
at http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ETSI/GSM0338.TXT.
The GSM standards allow for UCS-2 also for SMS. WAP is
more oriented towards UTF-8 (for WML content), though
other encodings can (sometimes) be used.

        /kent k

PS
I do NOT speak for Ericsson, Nokia, ETSI, ...