Re: Javascript Chart

From: Patrick T. Rourke (ptrourke@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:51:27 EST

In Windows ME, works in IE5.5 but not in Netscape 4.7 or Mozilla 2001021204.
So I doubt it would work in say Linux (I haven't tested it, but might be
able to later on).

In IE5.5/ME, it works for me not only with different fontName values, but
even with a list (e.g.,

var fontName="Arial Unicode MS,Lucida Sans Unicode"

). Of course, the list simply uses the first font that's available,
regardless of whether the font contains any number of the characters being
mapped (so if one has both fonts, and puts Lucida Sans Unicode first, code
points that LSU doesn't provide glyphs for are displayed as artifact
characters (mostly boxes)).

Good job. Next time, though, I'd suggest using CSS rather than the
deprecated <font> element.

Patrick Rourke
ptrourke@mediaone.net