Re: Unicode webring

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 05:19:15 EST

At 3:11 PM -0800 3/12/01, John Jenkins wrote:
>On Monday, March 12, 2001, at 02:14 PM, Misha Wolf wrote:
>
>>What I want to know is whether we get a Unicode ring to wear.
>>

>You mean the one with the entire standard inscribed on it?
>
>=====
>John H. Jenkins
>jenkins@apple.com
>jenkins@mac.com
>http://homepage.mac.com/jenkins/

No, the secret decoder ring with the embedded microprocessor running
the complete set of round-trip character set translation algorithms
in Yudit under Linux, and accessed through a UTF-8-enabled xterm,
where the user twists the ring rapidly to send UTF-8 in binary 0s and
1s, and of course the one-character LED readout on top.

Unless you would prefer to wait for the improved version with the
one-character-at-a-time OCR scanner top.

--

Edward Cherlin Generalist "A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it." Alice in Wonderland