Re: Classical Greek on a Mac

From: Sebastian Hagedorn (Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 06:47:28 EDT

--On Tuesday, April 03, 2001 11:14:13 +0200 Marco Piovanelli
<unicode@merzwaren.com> wrote:

> I guess I could use a Unicode-savvy, ATSUI-based
> application like the free WorldText utility that
> comes with OS 9.1, but there are two missing
> ingredients:
>
> 1. Fonts. Where can I find freeware/shareware
> quality fonts covering the Extended Greek
> range?

For example here: <http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/scan/fonts.html>

If I remember correctly, Athena Roman works with ATSUI.

> 2. Keyboards. Are there any Unicode keyboards/
> input methods for polytonic Greek?

Nope. You'll need to use the hex-based input method. At one point I set out
to create a Unicode keyboard layout for polytonic Greek, but it was too
hard for me.

Good luck and let us/me know if it worked.

Cheers, Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hagedorn
Zentrum fuer angewandte Informatik - Unversitaetsweiter Service RRZK