Re: Iranian Rial sign proposal

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 13:30:54 EDT

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 11:03:41AM -0500, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:
> Given all those circumstances, maybe not. Would you propose that it have a
> canonical or compatibility decomposition? If so, I believe that would be
> problematic with respect to stability of normalization forms.

The only thing it'll affect is the new character won't be normalized in
older programs. It's not like adding Q-CARON; any program that works
correctly on current text still works correctly. Since they added several
hundred characters in 3.1 with compatibility decompositions, I can't see
it being a problem.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and