Re: Putting unicode@unicode.org first (in the To:field)

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 16:42:02 EDT

All my unicode messages go to a folder which I read when I have
time. Messages that include me on the header however go to my inbox
so that I see them sooner. So deleting the header names will bury
the messages.

Personally, I don't think we should be tuning headers this much.
There are no standards for headers, so every list is different,
and people can buy a mail
product that has sufficient filters to do what they want...
(Now all the perl people don't jump in with your favorite
script to do whatever...)

If we tweak the list for everyone that has a special filtering
requirement, then it will always be changing and no ones filters
will be assured of working.

It's the contra to "It ain't broke, don't fix it.":

"OK it's broke, work around it."

(Sorry to disagree Marion...)
tex

--
According to Murphy, nothing goes according to Hoyle.
Tex Texin                      Director, International Business