Re: compatible applications

From: Sebastian Hagedorn (Hagedorn@spinfo.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 10:28:03 EDT

--On Wednesday, April 11, 2001 09:18:04 -0400 "Poulos,Stephen"
<spoulos@mcneiltech.com> wrote:

> I have just recently begun working directly with Unicode and UTF-8 and I
> was wondering if anyone could recommend a Unicode/UTF-8 compatible
> application for Macintosh that would allow me to read, manipulate and
> save data in Unicode/UTF-8 format. We deal with multilingual issues, so
> something that could/would handle foreign fonts would be nice.

Currently your best bet is Apple's World Text application that's hidden on
the 9.1 CD. If you don't have 9.1 you can try SUE or MLTE demo. I don't
have URLs handy, but you should be able to find them on Versiontracker.

Of course OS X has much better Unicode support...

Cheers, Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hagedorn
Ehrenfeldguertel 156