RE: Unicode Bidi algorithm dissention (was: something else entirely)

From: Jonathan Rosenne (rosenne@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 01:12:28 EDT

There are various MS implementations. Internet Explorer 5, Windows 2000 and Word
2000 are intended to be without deviations, but older versions, such as Windows
95 and Word 97 have deviations. For Hebrew, the most well known concerns the
Hyphen-Minus. I believe I have heard there are some specific Arabic deviations
too.

Microsoft had presented a paper to the UTC proposing some modifications to the
character classifications. Regarding Hyphen-Minus their proposal was not
accepted. They wanted to change it from European Terminator to European
Separator.

Jony