RE: On the possibility of guidance code points for the Private Us e Area

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 08:22:30 EDT

Tim Partridge wrote:
> A good point. A possible workaround would be a new plane-14
> tag character.

Sorry, I received this only after I proposed the same thing. Of course Tim
wins the lot, as demonstrated by the e-mails time stamps.

> But as Ken points out the world isn't complex enough yet to need a
> standardised way of describing how you're being non-standard.

Well, using the PUA is not really non-standard. It is Unicode's *standard*
way to encode private characters.

And, BTW, the world is quite complex to me, although I constantly get
evidence that it is easier for others :-( gotta have my IQ checked up :-)

_ Marco