Re: status of Jindai scripts?

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 13:00:10 EDT

Thomas Chan wrote...

> I'd like to ask about the encoding status of the Japanese "Jindai"
> scripts, which are mentioned in older documents[1], and until a certain
> point in time, versions of the Roadmap.

Do you have a paper on the topic? You say "over a dozen 'Jindai'
scripts". What does this mean? Is it a style of stylization? A style of
its own? Something else entirely? A cipher on Chinese characters? Of
Kana?

I don't know anyone who knows enough about it to even answer basic
questions. We know it's Japanese, and is probably associated with Shinto.

Do you have more information?

        Rick