RE: kana and syllables (was: constructed script, etc.)

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 04:16:52 EDT

Michael (akerbeltz.alba)
> Hawai'ian uses the macron actually ... but there are numerous
> languages which don't use diacritics ... Siksika, Miccosukee,
> Sardinian, Dutch, Pawnee, Rotokas .... the list is long, with
> many small languages on it, [...]

Dutch uses the acute accent for emphasis (often seen in "één"); Sardinian
uses the same accent marks used in Italian, but with rules more resembling
Spanish. e.g.:

        DECRARATZIONE UNIVERSALE E SOS DERETOS DE S'ÒMINE
        [...]
        Artìculu 1
        Totu sos èsseres umanos naschint lìberos e eguales in dinnidade e in
deretos. Issos tenent sa resone e sa cussèntzia e depent operare s'unu cun
s'àteru cun ispìritu de fraternidade.
        [...]
        © The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights Geneva,
Switzerland

I think that Interlingua uses no diacritics.

Ciao.
Marco