Re: Launch of www.i18ngurus.com

From: Thierry Sourbier (webmaster@i18ngurus.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 17:50:26 EDT

> Well, the most prominent is probably that for an internationalization
> site, you'd best have a couple of international versions (French,
> German, possibly a couple of others) of the site itself :-)

I thought about this paradox too and given infinite time & resources I will
do it :). Since I have nothing to sell and enough work with the English
version, I decided that www.i18ngourous.fr will wait a bit.

The paradox seems actually widespread in the industry as, to my knowledge,
none of the main i18n books have been translated into other languages (CJKV,
Unicode standard, developing international Software, etc...). The audience
is, I bet, already very small as it is.

Cheers,
T.

PS: Thanks Philipp for your site suggestion!