RE: Re[2]: Errata in language/script list

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 10:54:29 EDT

> I had assumed (yeah, I know...) that (1) was "Languages and their
>Scripts", (2) would be found in the Ethnologue, and (3) was the Roadmap;
>however I discovered today that the Ethnologue does not appear to list
>scripts. Is this so, or was I not looking in the right place?

It does in some cases, but not consistently. This is one area in which I'd
also like to see the Ethnologue improve. It's mainly a matter of research
and resources, though, and so there's no way for me to say how quickly
that will happen. It didn't used to list scripts at all, though, and it
has started to include that, so that's a step forward.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>