Re: UTF-8 on NT

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 13:31:31 EDT

This is not an NT issue so much as a Visual C++ CRT issue (the setloale
function is implemented there, for what you are probably using). At present,
there is no support for this (take a look at the code if you need to know
why, it makes all kinds of assumptions like "one byte per character" that
would break pretty awfully with UTF-8!).

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/