Re: FW: A product compatibility question

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 00:19:42 EDT

I must be misunderstanding the question. If I want different segments of a
document to be in different fonts, I select the text, go to the font menu,
and pick the fonts I want. I don't need to know the language of the text to
do that.

Yes, in very specific cases the font might be tuned to have a different
display (French vs Polish) for different languages, but that is not the
principal mechanism for display. In practical termsn, I would be more likely
to simply pick a font that is tuned for Polish for the text that I wanted
displayed in that way.

Mark
—————

Δός μοι ποῦ στῶ, καὶ κινῶ τὴν γῆν — Ἀρχιμήδης
[http://www.macchiato.com]