Re: Windows/Office XP question

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 10:50:29 EDT

Chris, I understand (and agree) with your recommendations. One feature that
some systems have is composite fonts, where the "font" is actually a table
of subfonts in some order (perhaps with specific ranges assigned to each).
That way, someone can have the advantage of specifying a single font name,
and get a full repertoire, without requiring a monster font. Of course,
there may be little uniformity of style across scripts, or in mixtures of
symbols, but at least you can get legible characters instead of boxes.

Are there any plans to do something like that in Windows?

Mark
—————

Δός μοι ποῦ στῶ, καὶ κινῶ τὴν γῆν — Ἀρχιμήδης
[http://www.macchiato.com]