Re: T-->S, S-->T conversions (was RE: A product compatibility question)

From: Jack Halpern (jack@kanji.org)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 20:01:35 EDT

Greetings

In message "Re: T-->S, S-->T conversions (was RE: A product compatibility question)",
Tom Emerson wrote...
>Edward Cherlin writes:
>> Jack Halpern of the CJK Dictionary Institute explains these issues at
>> http://www.cjk.org/cjk/c2c/c2centry.htm. Traditional to Simplified and
>> Simplified to Traditional conversions are more complicated than simple
>> dictionary lookup. In particular, the conversion is often
>> context-dependent. His company offers "Chinese to Chinese" conversion
>> software, among other products.
>
>Do be more specific, the software was developed by Basis Technology in
>coordination with Jack's organization, which supplied the data.

Yes, that is correct. Actually, we do not develop products (software
applications) as Edward mentions, but specialize in compiling large-scale CJK lexical
databases.

Regards, Jack Halpern
       President, The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
        http://www.cjk.org Phone: +81-48-473-3508