Re: Unicode surrogates in browsers for the compelling demo

From: Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@garshol.priv.no)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 08:17:37 EST

* Tex Texin

| Has anyone been able to create HTML pages that use surrogate
| characters and get them to work with any of the browsers?

I've had Opera 6.0 display the UTF-16 text file that comes with James
Kass's Code 2001 font. I've also been able to display Deseret
characters both from text generated by CSS stylesheets, as well as
from text encoded as numeric character references in HTML.

I've made one attempt to get Opera to do this on a different machine,
and that failed for some reason.

| If so, I would like instructions or tips to making it happen.

That's the strange part: all I did was install Code 2001. I did not
change anything in the registry or do anything else. It just worked.

It would be interesting to know if others can get it to work.

--Lars M.