Re: Virus...

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 15:44:57 EST

Yes!

I took a moment to advise Arjun that his system was infected
with the BADTRANS virus, but he has not yet responded.

Hopefully he is cleaning his system.

There's been a rash of computer viruses rec'd here over the
past few weeks, and Arjun's wasn't the first to purportedly
come from a list member.

These messages are disguised as replies to existing topics,
and because they are from people with familiar names, it's
tempting to open them.

Don't.

Usually, these messages only contain an attachment, there is
no text involved. This should be a 'red flag' that it is probably
a virus, even if the sender is familiar.

Best regards,

James Kass.