Re: Plane One use, was Re: HTML Validation

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 16:46:54 EST

At 09:09 AM 12/18/01 -0700, John H. Jenkins wrote:
>On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 08:00 AM, Rick Cameron wrote:
>
>>Pardon my ignorance, but what is an astral character?
>
>...but there are those of us who still ... use it in preference to the
>official term.

I wish (and possible Rick as well after all the trouble he had finding out
the well obscured meaning) that people who can't bear to use official
terminology at least provide in-line glosses for their private use
terminology. Unicode is at times accused of being hard to understand -
whether that's true or not, there's no reason to make it purposefully
obscure to the uninitiated.

A./