Re: Microsoft input method, 950, and Unicode mapping

From: Thomas Chan (thomas@atlas.datexx.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 00:04:38 EST

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> And to add to the chaos and confusion, note that the HKSCS
> patch for Windows Code Page 950 does not map exactly the
> same as the HK Government mapping table. And that the HK

And that's in addition to the confusion caused by the semi-official,
semi-published precursor version, GCCS. I've got here an 2001
edition (post-publication of HKSCS) atlas+cdrom of Hong Kong which
includes a GCCS (!) support add-on (and not the same as the one that used
to be available from http://www.info.gov.hk/gccs/ before that URL became
a redirect to the present HKSCS site).

Thomas Chan
tc31@cornell.edu