Re: about LCID and codepage!!!

From: Craig R. Cummings (Craig.Cummings@oracle.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 13:04:40 EST

Kundan,

If you haven't been to Microsoft's GlobalDev web site yet, then you need to visit www.microsoft.com/globaldev. I found the following list of Windows 2000 and XP LCIDs from GlobalDev at the following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/nlsweb/default.asp
I have also seen various current and dated LCID lists in the Microsoft Developer's Network (MSDN) library including those for other Windows OSs. You can publicly view this online at msdn.microsoft.com.

Note that the codepages for all the Microsoft Indic locales are Unicode.

Lastly, if you really want to get fancy, internationalization guru Bill Hall offers a GUI interface to retrieve Locale and other information via his NLOCALE utility at:
http://www.mlmassociates.cc/dl-win32.htm

Hope this helps.

Craig R. Cummings
Oracle Corporation