Re: Vertical scripts (was: Tategaki (was: Re: Updated...))

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 12:22:02 EST

I was fooled by that earlier in the year as well. The links to the other
pages should be at the top of the web page to highlight that the page is
a partial list and to make it easy to reference the other pages. Most
people will not scroll to the bottom of the page to find the other
links.

Michael Everson wrote:
stuff deleted...
> >Did you miss these?
>
> Bloody hell. Yes, I missed them, because I assumed that the
> charindex.html indexed all the characters. It does NOT! It indexes
> A-D. Now I assumed that when it loaded I could just command-F and
> find the text. So I did not scroll down the list. Therefore:
>
> I suggest that the Title of this document be changed to:
>
> Unicode 3.0.0 Character Name Index A-D
>
> and the other two (charindex2.html and charindex3.html) to
>
> Unicode 3.0.0 Character Name Index E-N
> and
> Unicode 3.0.0 Character Name Index O-Z
>
> --
> Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html