FW: glyph bitmaps

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 12:32:47 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Blackburn Andrew SLUK [mailto:Andrew.Blackburn@safeline.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 5:27 AM
To: 'info@unicode.org'
Subject: glyph bitmaps

Dear Sirs

I am looking for a supplier of LCD character/glyph bitmaps for the
unicode character set. Ideally I am looking for a choice of character
sizes as well

The target will be a liquid crystal display driven by an embedded
microcontroller, so as you can see, sacaleable fonts are not really
suitable. I am looking for data in a format similar to the following (8
bit wide by 9 rows):

/* 0x20 */

/***** 0 *****/ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, /* space 32*/
/***** 1 *****/ 0x00, 0x08, 0x08, 0x08, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08,
0x00, /* ! 33 */
/***** 2 *****/ 0x00, 0x14, 0x14, 0x14, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,
0x00, /* " 34 */
/***** 3 *****/ 0x00, 0x14, 0x14, 0x3E, 0x14, 0x3E, 0x14, 0x14,
0x00, /* # 35 */
/***** 4 *****/ 0x00, 0x08, 0x1E, 0x28, 0x1C, 0x0A, 0x3C, 0x08,
0x00, /* $ 36 */

I would appreciate any advice you may be able to offer in this matter.

Yours

Andrew N. Blackburn
Safeline Ltd.
Tel +44 (0)161 8488636