Tengwar removed from Plane1 Unicode Demo Page

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 00:02:34 EST

The plane 1 demo pages have been updated without the Tengwar, so now
they represent only actual plane 1 Unicode characters.

With NCRs:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example-plane1.html
With UTF-8:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-plane1-utf8.html

I will create a plane 15 page as time allows. The pages have value to
developers looking to test their implementations for support of these
characters and code points.
Feel free to begin sending me your example ideas.

The pages are not constrained to represent James Kass fonts (he
graciously agrees), so if you want to submit an entry that requires
another font (or another plane) that is ok. My only requirements (at the
moment) are that the font be easy to access and install (and the
characters should be at Unicode's prescribed locations ;-) ). The only
other requirement is your patience with submissions. I travel a lot and
my real job sometimes gets in the way of managing these pages.

Many thanks to those of you that have offered submissions, suggestions,
corrections, and statements of support to-date.
tex