Re: The benefit of a symbol for 2 pi

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 13:13:09 EST

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 10:13:31AM -0700, Robert Palais wrote:
> The pi problem turns
> something which should be natural into memorization for many students,
> and Unicode could allow an alternative to eventually correct it.

Unicode is generally not the place for evangalism. "[T]he Unicode
Standard does not encode idiosyncratic, personal novel, [or] rarely
exchanged ... characters", and I'm afraid as of yet, your double pi
symbol is all of those. Get it in use, and then the Unicode standard
will encode it.

I can not speak for Unicode, and there's some small chance that they
might disagree with me. In that case, you should look up the procedures
on making a formal proposal.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu, dvdeug/jabber.com (Jabber)
When the aliens come, when the deathrays hum, when the bombers bomb,