Re: The benefit of a symbol for 2 pi

From: Robert Palais (palais@math.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 02:51:42 EST

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 DougEwell2@cs.com wrote:

I'm not sure I see anything new here. However, as I suggested, Dr. Beebe's
intention was to bring the character to the discussion within the
mathematical community where its potential for usefulness MIGHT be
sufficient to encourage its appearance and use enough to then merit
inclusion in the AMS' unicode recommendations. I apologize again if
my misunderstanding that I was advised to bring it up directly here
offended you, and gave a false impression of Dr. Beebe's I'm sure
adequate understanding of the nature of the purposes of unicode.

I will be unsubscribing, so please address future correspondence to
me directly.

Best regards,

Bob