Re: Devanagari

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 01:33:50 EST

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:57:39AM -0500, DougEwell2@cs.com wrote:
> This is why I really wish that SCSU were considered a truly "standard"
> encoding scheme. Even among the Unicode cognoscenti it is usually
> accompanied by disclaimers about "private agreement only" and "not suitable
> for use on the Internet," where the former claim is only true because of the
> self-perpetuating obscurity of SCSU and the latter seems completely
> unjustified.

Does Mozilla support it? If someone's willing to spend a little time,
adding it to Mozilla is one way to make it more generally useable. And
maybe then IE will get nudged into playing a little catchup . . .

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu, dvdeug/jabber.com (Jabber)
When the aliens come, when the deathrays hum, when the bombers bomb,