RE: Devanagari

From: etienne99@nettaxi.com
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 13:24:16 EST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) On this subject, Win2K and IE5+ seem to do a nice job displaying UTF8-encoded Hindi. On the Mac, the Indian Language Kit provides for OS support and fonts (with MacOS 9.2 and above), but I have not been able to display Hindi (UTF8 encoded) with Mac's IE 5.1. Am I correct in assuming that the Mac version of IE does not support Hindi without a hack?

Etienne

> "Christopher J Fynn" <cfynn@druknet.net.bt> <unicode@unicode.org>Cc: "Aman Chawla" <creativezeal@hotmail.com>
> RE: DevanagariDate: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:59:38 +0600
>
>Aman
>
>Here in Bhutan the Internet connection is still much worse than in most
>places I've visited in India & Nepal (and the cost per minute is several
>times higher) - believe me even then UTF-8 (or UTF-16) encoded pages do not
>display noticeably slower than ASCII, ISCII or 8-bit font encoded pages -
>and I don't need to download any special plug-ins or fonts.
>
>- Chris
>
>--
>Christopher J Fynn
>Thimphu, Bhutan
>
><cfynn@druknet.net.bt>
><cfynn@gmx.net>

Hot After Christmas DEALS on just about everything!
http://www.smartshop.com/cgi-bin/main.cgi?ssa=4099