FW: Running out of options...

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 13:03:33 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Whit Gurley [mailto:whit@gurleycommawhit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 8:47 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Running out of options...

Hello!

[...]

Now, I understand how ASCII text encoding works and therefore have a
pretty good understanding of how Unicode builds upon that concept in
order to create additional, multi-lingual character sets, but I am
having the worst time trying to figure out how to make it actually
happen. I realize that it may have to do with the fact that I'm on a
Mac, but the unicode.org site seems to think that the Mac can be made
Unicode-ready with system software. I've tried following your
installation instructions without success - I still can't see Farsi
text on your Weblog sites and the sample code that I download is
still a series of null characters ("?????????") in my text editor
(BBEdit 6.5).

[...]

So I guess I have two questions:

1. Do you know if it's possible for me, on a Mac with OS 9 and
BBEdit, to create a web setup that would allow my boss to add Unicode
Farsi content? What tools would he need to create that content?

2. [...]

I think that's it. Thank you very much for your time!
w h i t g u r l e y
Art Director,
Softeon, Inc.

p :: 415 948 4028