Re: Microsoft's Japanese IME has no Unicode option

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 14:59:02 EST

From: "ろ〇〇〇〇 ろ〇〇〇" <juuitchan@hotmail.com>

> Okay, here's the scoop: I have a page with some (poorly
> written) Japanese in it, and it is in Unicode. I want to be
> able to edit the page without having to port the whole
> doggone thing into Unipad and then curse when I can't
> use my IME in Unipad so I have to cut-and-paste from
> MS Word and THEN go thru the whole rigmarole of
> replacing my page. No. I want it to work in the Geocities
> page editor. And I am using the .com (not .co.jp) version
> of Geocities for this page.

You should use a program (such as FrontPage 2000 or FrontPage XP) that can
support any encoding you choose to use for your pages. A browser is for
displaying pages in the encoding they are in, NOT a tool for editing web
pages.

If you do not like this kind of option, I do not know what else to tell
you -- there are many programs out there designed to do what you are asking,
you cannot insist on using one that will not and then be surprised if it
does not work....

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/