Re: POSITIVELY MUST READ! Bytext is here!

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 11:41:15 EST

Michael Everson wrote,

>>> (MISTER YUCK)
>>
>> If so, perhaps it is a glyph variant of skull and crossbones
>> at U+2620 ([Gratuitous UTF-8 Skull and Crossbones]).
>
> I don't think it is. Indeed it was introduced precisely because
> toddlers don't understand the skull and crossbones. They may both
> denote poison, but they are different things.

Neither do I, really. It was a whimsical statement. Should've used
a smiley.

<MORE WHIMSEY>
Maybe "emoticons" should be considered as variants of the smiley,
and could be specifically provided for with variant selectors.
</MORE WHIMSEY>

Seriously, the section in the bytext file about emoticons was
most enjoyable. Do people exchange information using "emoticons"?
MISTER YUCK: graphic or symbol?

Best regards,

James Kass.