Re: MISTER YUCK

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 14:09:58 EST

At 19:52 +0100 2002-01-28, Stefan Persson wrote:
> --- Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> skrev: >
>At 18:43 +0100 2002-01-28, Stefan Persson wrote:
>
>> No, but Apple's Unicode mapping tables indicate the
>> Private Use code
>> point they use for it.
>
>OK. Shouldn't it be added (for compatibility reasons)?
>Or maybe it can't (due to copyright reasons)? Has
>anyone written any proposal(s) for this character?

Apple has not requested it, because corporate symbols are
inappropriate for encoding and they know it.

Actually, in my Gaelic fonts on the Mac OS I substituted the shamrock
for that position. At some stage I will be requesting a shamrock, as
this is used in a number of dictionaries as a symbol denoting
horticulture.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com