fraktur numerals, etc.

From: $B$m!;!;!;!;(B $B$m!;!;!;(B (juuitchan@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:16:53 EST

I do not think that there are real Fraktur numerals. I wonder why?

I wrote to a Japanese guy who had a hard time trying to make a fraktur
hiragana font. Some kana, like "ya" and "yu", adapt beautifully to fraktur.
A few of them, like "me", are very difficult, but it is probably possible.
Look at how a fraktur "k" looks almost nothing like a Roman "k"!
Rule 1: Do not use fraktur kana to tattoo your Japanese girlfriend's name
on you!! Don't get any tattoo of any girlfriend's name; it is bad luck.
Rule 2: I can think of some Japanese businesswomen who would love fraktur
kana to advertise their business. ^_^

Back to the numerals.
I think I've maybe seen some slightly fraktur-ish numerals in a font called
Mariage, but I am not sure. I think Mariage is the most visually attractive
Latin (alphabet) font of all time.

$BBg?M5$$N2qOC%D!<%k(B MSN $B%a%C%;%s%8%c!<$N%@%&%s%m!<%I$O$3$A$i(B
http://messenger.msn.co.jp/