Re: Cherokee accent

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 12:01:28 EST

Here is the response I got from the Cherokee Nation, to whom I cc'd my
original question about the Cherokee accent mark.

So, is this a candidate for encoding?

-----8<-----begin forwarded message-----8<-----

> The accent is to be used on the syllable with the accent when pronouncing
> the word, just like an accent is used in the pronunciation key of an
English

> word.
>
> Thank you for your inquiry,
> LISA
> wadulisi
> Name: Lisa Stopp >>>>> wadulisi dinalewisda
> Resource Coordinator for the Arts
> Cultural Resource Center
> Cherokee Nation
> PO Box 948, Tahlequah, OK 74465
> 918-458-6170
> fax 918-458-6172
> E-mail: Lisa Stopp <lstopp@cherokee.org>
> Date: 02/07/2002
> Time: 10:19:54

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 (address will soon change to dewell at adelphia dot net)

attached mail follows:

Date: 02/07/2002
Time: 10:19:54