Re: Standard Conventions and euro

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 00:53:48 EST

I believe Portuguese Escudos are done this way, with the $ as decimal
separator.
tex

John Cowan wrote:

> Marco Cimarosti wrote:
>
> > Rather, this format was required by some USA retailers, who wanted two and a
> > half dollar to be formatted as:
> >
> > 2$50
>
> I think that is Brazilian cruzeiros, but definitely not USD which are
> always written $2.50.
>
> --
> John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> http://www.reutershealth.com
> I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
> han mathon ne chae, a han noston ne 'wilith. --Galadriel, _LOTR:FOTR_

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    the Progress Company
Tel: +1-781-280-4271         http://www.progress.com
Find out about Globalization Empowerment for Progress users
mailto:global-empowerment@progress.com
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html