Re: Standard Conventions and euro

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 15:41:01 EST

At 05:44 PM 2/28/02 +0000, Michael Everson wrote:
>At 12:37 -0500 2002-02-28, Tex Texin wrote:
>
>>My understanding is that there are no firm rules for formatting currency
>>in euros and that it is expected that the formats or practices used
>>prior to the change to euros would continue with the euro symbol
>>repacing the old currency. So I guess I should have said that the
>>formatting of the euros in Portugal would be (expected to be) as above
>>with escudos replaced with euros.
>
>This is also my understanding.
>
>>I would be glad to learn any information about what is really occuring
>>in practice in each of the euro-using countries with regards to
>>formatting the currency.
>
>So would I, so I can update my page at
>http://www.evertype.com/standards/euro/format.html

it's

http://www.evertype.com/standards/euro/formats.html

In the file the line for Greece has incorrect UTF-8 in it.

1.234,56</td></tr>

note the single byte >128 shown as ? inside the []

Also, in the opening lines, since you are not a standards organization, you
might want to reports on conventions that 'are' observed rather than
'should be' observed.

A./