Re: How to make "oo" with combining breve/macron over pair?

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 19:49:01 EST

I agree with David. I had mentioned this earlier as a possiblity, but
the latest UTC changes in Table 5-3 to use ignorables make it even
more attractive. (Cf
http://www.macchiato.com/utc/grapheme_cluster.html)

The sole change required would be for the CGJ to be Me instead of Mn.
If we made this change, it would provide for a mechanism for
representing diacritics over multiple characters, without the addition
of any other characters -- or the wait for them to be encoded.

Mark
—————

Γνῶθι σαυτόν — Θαλῆς
[For transliteration, see http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/tr]