Re: Synthetic scripts

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 17:59:40 EST

At 07:11 PM 3/17/02 -0800, Doug Ewell wrote:
>The myth I was trying to communicate was that the process is totally
>serial, such that if 3 weeks are spent on getting Tai Le encoded, CJK
>Extension X is pushed back by 3 weeks.

Stated this way, it's of course overstated. You pointed out the explanation
yourself - in this example the work is mainly done by different sets of
people, so the bottleneck is mainly in the formal decision stage (as well
as in the actual creation of the publication). Both of these don't devote
anywehere near three weeks to each script.

A./