RE: apostrophe vs. modifier letter apostrophe

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 12:08:41 EST

Peter Constable wrote:
> Well, you've caught Ken in a practice that many (most?)
> English writers consider bad: using apostrophe in
> forming plural.

As a SLE speaker, I can't afford and I didn't mean to question anybody's
writing skills.

But, as you say, the apostrophe is legitimate and sometimes mandatory in the
orthography of English and many other languages. So, it seems to me that its
preferred encoding should make it possible to use it in identifiers,
filenames, URI(')s, and so on.

_ Marco