Re: [unicode] Re: The exact birthday of French: 0842-02-14

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 18:04:22 EST

    John> Mark Leisher scripsit:
>> Herr Krojer takes Illig, and by extension, Niemitz to task quite
>> effectively, in my opinion.

    John> I fed this through babelfish, and the principal argument seems to be
    John> that we can correlate very nicely the predicted dates, places, and
    John> times of lunar eclipses in ancient times with the testimony we have,
    John> so unless that testimony is massively falsified too, the
    John> conventional scale has to be correct.

In the interest of accuracy in media, I should admit that, yes, I missed the
point that Niemitz wasn't actually bludgeoning us with a bogus C14 argument.

The paper smelled so wrong so early, I immediately jumped to conclusions. A
good hallmark of bad science, some might say. I blame a bad batch of coffee.

Herr Kuhn, please stop leaving distractions in your "must read" section! :-)
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Television has raised writing
New Mexico State University to a new low.
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Samuel Goldwyn
Las Cruces, NM 88003