RE: B-dash

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 05:50:06 EST

At 23:31 -0500 2002-04-01, Robert wrote:

>Hello, Jerome! The character you're referring to should be called
>*B-bar*; it's also used in the Padre Recuero romanization system for
>Ladino (there to render the *beth-rafeh*, while single *waw* is
>transcribed as *v*, and double *waw* is *w*). The crossbar in that
>letter should cross over just above midpoint (like in the letter
>*H-bar* used in Maltese, and in UMRE for voiced ). The font series
>I'm currently working on has the H-C *B-bar* in the private use
>zone, but it should have a proposal for inclusion in Uincode. At
>what open codepoint would you like to have it at?!

You will kindly wait until *WG2* assigns it a codepoint before you
put it ANYWHERE in your font but the private use area. (If you were
thinking of doing so. I couldn't tell but do not mean to offend.)

It seems there is glyph variation as to where the bar goes in this
one. Robert, could you point me to some sample gifs for the Ladino
capital b with stroke?

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com