Re: Thai word list

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 01:46:01 EDT

Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> I'm searching a large word list for Thai which is freely available,
> i.e., either under a license similar to GPL (resp. compatible to the
> GPL) or in the public domain.
>
> Do you know whether such a file is available?

The ICU package includes a sorted Thai word list in a UTF-8 file called
th18057.txt. Since you may not wish to download the whole package and I
don't know if the Thai file is available separately, I have uploaded it
(for a limited time only) to:

    http://home.adelphia.net/~dewell/th18057.txt (334,028 bytes)

If you can process SCSU, and would appreciate a 59% reduction in file
size, try:

    http://home.adelphia.net/~dewell/th18057-scsu.txt (135,731 bytes)

A word of warning: there is a U+FFFD (which probably means something was
corrupted) roughly 90% of the way through the file. I don't know if
that's only in my copy or in the one distributed with ICU as well.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California