Re: "UNICODE BOMBER STRIKES AGAIN"

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 17:08:00 EDT

Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> There he sits in wait until you switch on, and BOM!, all your GIGS
> turn to SQUARE-RAD/S and the little bytestie is laughing his SCSU off.

There he sits in "symbol for synchonous idle" until you "symbol for
start of text", and BOM!, all your GIGS "clockwise open circle arrow" to
SQUARE-RAD/S and the little bytestie is laughing his SCSU "symbol for
end of transmission".

ugh! ;-)
This is going the way of Twain's spelling improvements:
http://www.i18nguy.com/twain.html

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    the Progress Company
Tel: +1-781-280-4271         http://www.progress.com
"The world writes in my database!" Progress Exchange 2002
http://www.progress.com/exchange/labs.htm#globalization
Globalization Empowerment for Progress users
http://www.progress.com/consulting/globalization_empowerment_solutions.htm
A compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/unicode-example-intro.html