Character indices (was: Unicode Humor)

From: $B$m!;!;!;!;(B $B$m!;!;!;(B (juuitchan@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 17:26:21 EDT

      "Kenneth Whistler" <kenw@sybase.com>
>CC: <unicore@unicode.org>, "Unicoders" <unicode@unicode.org>
>Subject: Re: OT: Unicode Humor
>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:42:50 -0700
>
>I don't think the charts are silly (completely, at least ;-). It could
>be useful to have a complete back-index for Unicode. (Joe is always
>looking for index ideas).

Like for numerics. I want one where I can see all the symbols for "one".

In the Unicode 3.0 book, WHY ON EARTH are the Han digits (you know them)
not listed directly with the other numerics? They are given their own
category. (I have always wondered why the Han digit 1 ($B0l(B) is not called
HAN DIGIT ONE, etc.)

>Of course, for finding characters I find dynamic lookups even more
>useful (though in a different way), such as tools like the Windows
>Character map.

I have Windows ME on another computer and it lacks Character Map. That
infuriates me.

$B%$%s%?!<%M%C%H$r$V$i$V$i%7%g%C%T%s%0$9$k$J$i(B MSN $B%7%g%C%T%s%0$X(B
http://shopping.msn.co.jp/