Re: display issue on mac

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 15:51:40 EDT

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 02:13:30PM -0500, Bahman Zakeri wrote:
> T h e c h a r a c t e r s l o o k l I k e t h I s there is no
> actual space between them. I have been testing on OS X using IE 5.1 and
> NS 6.2. This page has the same issue
> http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/translations/russian.html .
> I have spent more than 10 hours trying to figure out the problem, this
> is my last hope.

What fonts do you have installed? Russian characters are often
considered full-width in East Asian computers, so when they are pulled
from an Asian font, they often look like they have space between them.
You should install a font without this problem. I know that NS 6 has a
problem with picking Russian characters from Asian fonts, even when
KOI8-R fonts are available, at least on Linux, so you may need to tell
your webbrowser to use that font when appropriate.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.