Re: To submit or not to submit

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 07:57:09 EDT

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Amir Herman wrote:

> As conclusion, I would say that we can still preserve the existing U+6AC
> because it is not wrong, only the glyph is not standard and limited in
> its use. Later on I might send some images to clarify my argument. The
> task now is to add another glyph that could present the standard and
> most common glyph of 'GA'. To view a full standard jawi alphabet please
> refer to:
>
> http://www.omniglot.com/writing/malay.htm
> http://www.linguistsoftware.com/ljawi.htm

It seems that your references don't agree! Although both have a Keheh With
Dot Above, one has Kaf, and another has Keheh in the list of letters.

BTW, after hearing Marco's and others' comments, and seeing the examples,
I believe that we should not touch the old character, but we should encode
a new ARABIC LETTER KEHEH WITH DOT ABOVE. I will look forward to see a
proposal, with samples from published documents.

roozbeh