Re: Encoding of symbols and a "lock"/"unlock" pre-proposal

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 03:28:02 EDT

>Yes, I feel that it is worth putting forward a proposal for the open and
>closed padlock symbols...

>So, a suggestion, how about the following four symbols. I have added
some
>Private Use Area allocation suggestions... Readers who read my
suggestions
>regarding the Private Use Area may perhaps observe that these present
>suggestions are within the range U+F300 through to U+F3FF

Either we are going to propose these be added to Unicode as non-PUA
characters, or we are not. If not, there is nothing more that needs
discussion with regard to possible codepoint allocation, I think. As for
PUA, many people have their own plans regarding U+F300..U+F3FF. For my own
part, my plans for U+F300..U+F3FF almost certainly do not involve padlock
symbols.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>